phpMyAdmin is a program used to manipulate databases remotely through a web interface. A good hosting package will have this included. For information on backing up your WordPress database, see Backing Up Your Database.
A visual tutorial for phpMyAdmin 2.5.3 can be found at Podz’ WordPress Restore guide.
- Login to phpMyAdmin.
- Click databases, and select the database that you will be importing your data into.
- You will then see either a list of tables already inside that database or a screen that says no tables exist. This depends on your setup.
- Across the top of the screen will be a row of tabs. Click the Import tab.
- On the next screen will be a Location of Text File box, and next to that a button named Browse.
- Click Browse. Locate the backup file stored on your computer.
- Make sure the SQL radio button is checked.
- Click the Go button.