Restoring Database Using phpMyAdmin
December 29, 2011 |
phpMyAdmin is a program used to manipulate databases remotely through a web interface. A good hosting package will have this included. For information on backing up your WordPress database, see Backing Up Your Database.
Restore ProcessA visual tutorial for phpMyAdmin 2.5.3 can be found at Podz’ WordPress Restore guide.
- Login to phpMyAdmin.
- Click databases, and select the database that you will be importing your data into.
- You will then see either a list of tables already inside that database or a screen that says no tables exist. This depends on your setup.
- Across the top of the screen will be a row of tabs. Click the Import tab.
- On the next screen will be a Location of Text File box, and next to that a button named Browse.
- Click Browse. Locate the backup file stored on your computer.
- Make sure the SQL radio button is checked.
- Click the Go button.